But I know I’ll be proud of myself if I do and that I won’t regret it if I do… Urg, it’s just hard to actually go and DO IT lately. Once I’m doing it it’s not even bad.
- It improves your memory. Your brain makes sense of all that you did and learned throughout the day while you’re sleeping.
- It helps regulate your weight. Sleep deprivation causes poor regulation of the hormones that control your appetite. Sleep is also the ever important fasting period of the day— if you’re staying up late and snacking you’re going to eat more than you would if you just went to bed earlier before you even got a craving!
- It can decrease your risk of diabetes. Studies have shown that sleep disorders or sleep deprivation increases your risk of developing diabetes.
- Prevents disease. Sleep deprivation decrease immune function. It actually includes the activity of the killer cells that cause disease, and inhibits them from doing their job. Killer cells work by injecting cells infected with viruses with small cytoplasmic granules of proteins that target the cell in order for it to be killed off.
- It can increase your life expectancy. Those who sleep 6-8 hours a night live longer than those who sleep more than 8 hours or less that 6 every night.
It’s because I’ve felt ashamed of how I’ve been eating and my lack of exercise for the past two-three weeks. I felt like I didn’t deserve to come on here and blog about being healthy when I was doing the exact opposite.
But today I’m coming back. I want to be happier again. I’ve gained weight and yeah that completely sucks but I’m not unhappy entirely because of my weight, I’m unhappy because I’ve been treating my body poorly. I never thought I would fall back into old habits, but I did.
Now I want to come back. I want to be healthy. I maybe wanna lose a little flub. But mostly I want to be happy again.
I really need someone to kick my ass into gear so if I’m ever complaining someone should come and give me a little tough love!
Binging will not help anything Binging will not help anything Binging will not help anything Binging will not help anything Binging will not help anything Binging will not help anything Binging will not help anything Binging will not help anything Binging will not help anything Binging will not help anything Binging will not help anything Binging will not help anything Binging will not help anything
Those are my two main binge-y foods so I think it will help if I get used to not eating them. Now I know everyone’s probably thinking “You’re depriving yourself” but no. I’m not, I’m kicking my own ass into gear. I pretty much cannot control myself eating them so it’s best to be without them. So no more bread, bagels, buns, english muffins, pita, sandwich thins, kashi (except honey sunshine), all bran buds, chex etc. No more until easter after Sunday. I’m also going to try and give up as much refined sugar as possible.
And to be honest I can’t wait. I know, what? But I really want to talk to my doctor about my compulsive overeating. Even though I feel so stupid about it I want someone to help. I don’t know what else I can do. As much as I hate to say it it’s like I have no willpower to stop or control over it. I hope my doctor will help… I’m tired of feeling gross and horrible about myself all the time..